Here are a few things that could be affecting your car’s battery.
When you have a problem with your battery, do you blame the battery itself or do you consider other things that may be affecting the battery? We here at Monroe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Superstore know how tricky batteries can be and have put together a list of things that could be affecting your battery.
- Sometimes we are the problem for our own battery by leaving the lights or other components on overnight. This drains the battery and then it won’t work in the morning.
- Parasitic Drain. This can happen when components in your vehicle continue to run after the key is turned off.
- Bad Charging. If your charging system isn’t working properly, your car battery can drain even while you’re driving.
- Defective Alternator Diode. The bad diode can cause the circuit to charge even when the engine is shut off, and you end up in the morning with a car that won’t start.
- Old Battery. If your battery is old, it might not hold a full charge. If your car consistently won’t start, it’s possible that the battery is worn out. You should generally replace your car battery every 4-5 years.
A professional, mechanic will be able to diagnose what is wrong with your battery.
At the Monroe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Superstore, we have many of the same services as the competition, but we do have car service options that sets us apart from them. Check out our website and see where our dealership has the edge over other new and used car dealerships in Monroe and surrounding area. Don’t take your vehicle anywhere else when we have what you need right here! Contact us with any questions about our car dealer services or amenities that we offer to our customers.
Bring your car in today and let one of our qualified mechanics at the Monroe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Superstore check your battery or call our professional service team at 888-997-5318.