Our men and women in the armed forces give so much of their time, efforts, and sometimes even their lives for our freedom. We here at Monroe Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Superstore are grateful for these heroes. If you are one of our military heroes, check and see if you are eligible for our Military Bonus Cash.
This program offers eligible consumers a $500 cash allowance to be applied toward the retail purchase or lease of an eligible vehicle. Eligible consumers include: active military, active military reserve, retired military (honorably discharged), and retired military reserve (honorably discharged).*
These men and women come from a long line of heroes, and we want to show them we are grateful for their service. If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to serve in a branch of the United States Armed Forces, or just how some of these branches came to be, check out some of the historical facts below.
Some Historical Facts about our Armed Forces:
- The U.S. Army is older than the United States itself. April 23, 1775, the Massachusetts Provincial Congress called for an organized colonial army of 26 regiments. The 2nd Continental Congress further ratified this on June 14, 1775, which is celebrated as the birthdate of the U.S. Armed Forces to this day.
- As of 2017, there are 1.4 million personnel on active duty for the U.S. Armed Forces. That goes along with another 800,000 on reserve, for a grand total of 2.2 million. The U.S. military has a population larger than some small countries.
- The U.S. Army is America’s second largest employer.
- The Army owns 24,000 square miles of land. That means if the U.S. Army were a state, it would be the 42nd largest in America
- After World War II, the Department of War was renamed the Department of Defense.
- Navy recruiters staked out movie theaters after the release of Top Gun in 1986 and, according to the U.S. Navy, the number of men who wanted to become Naval Aviators went up by 500 percent.
- In 1968, the U.S. Army developed a four-legged robot called the Walking Truck that was powerful enough to lift a car. It never made it into service because operating it was apparently exhausting, thus defeating the purpose of having a robot in the first place. Wouldn’t it be cool if we sold that here at your Ram dealership in Monroe? Alas, we do not sell “Walking Trucks” of the robot variety, but we do sell amazing RAM trucks (both new and pre-owned) that can help you do a lot of heavy lifting with its 8,190-pound tow capacity!