For your next tailgate party, here’s a few grilling safety tips and reminders from your Five Star team here at Monroe Superstore!
July is National Grilling Month, and our Five Star team at Monroe Superstore Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram wants to make sure you are having a safe, fun-filled time with family and friends. Whether you’re firin’ up the barby in the backyard or getting ready to grill at a tailgate party, there’s a few precautions to remember that will keep the good times rolling.
Grilling Safety Tips for Tailgating
- When transporting your propane tank in your vehicle, make sure it is disconnected from your grill and in an upright position.
- Never grill on your vehicle/tailgate, under the trunk lid (if using your SUV), or under the family tent. Even if you are grilling under a ventilated space, you could have dangerous buildup of carbon monoxide.
- If possible, make sure the grill is set up at least six feet away from things that could light on fire, such as trees, bushes, and other vehicles.
- Pack at least two sets of utensils for your tailgate— one set for the raw foods, one set for the cooked food, and an extra set should your fellow tailgaters need a helping hand!
- Make sure you have plenty of propane before you pack it up. Here in Monroe, there are several local places where you can fill your tank, including our nearby neighbors at Baker’s Ace Hardware and Tractor Supply Co.
For the grilling fanatic, the website, grillingtips.com, is complete with recipes for beef and pork, poultry, fish, and fruits and vegetables. There are tips for preparation methods, rotisserie grill, types of wood to use, and even how to make corn on the grill.
And, for those who like to grill all year ’round no matter the season or weather, check out the different types of grills you can get for different settings (both indoors and outdoors). You can get a rundown of the different kind of grills and what they are most useful for.
On the subject of different grills, did you know there are some advantages to using one grill over another? There are open fire grills, charcoal grills, gas grills, indoor fireplace grills, grills built into ranges, kitchen countertop grills, and electric countertop grills. Each of them are particularly good for certain types of cooking and not as good for others.
Here at Monroe Superstore, we enjoy a good cookout as much as you do, and we hope your July and the rest of your summer is filled with good food and good fun. If you need a new vehicle with more storage space for your next tailgate, then check out our incredible inventory of cars for sale in Monroe! We can help you get just the right car, van, or truck for your tailgate and lifestyle needs. Stop by our car dealership in Monroe County and mention this blog to receive our sizzling specials during our July Sell-A-Thon event!